Our purpose and mission is to “promote an appreciation for diversity and advocate for justice throughout Blount County.” We chose as our theme Scripture, Micah 6:8 “He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” In 2017 we were established as a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation.
Some of our goals are:
- Embracing the tenets of a “Beloved Community” where “there is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for all are one in Christ Jesus.” (Galatians 3:28)
- To dismantle stereotypes and build relationship of trust and understanding through education and awareness.
- Working with clergy and other faith-based entities to promote cultural and racial awareness – seeking to change hearts and minds one person at a time.
- Building partnerships with government, schools and other community organizations to improve race relations with an end goal of eradication of systemic racism.
- Bridging the gap between youth, community and police departments by working together to build a better Blount County.